ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine company. Our team of leading, submarine platform engineers, trades and professionals are committed to the delivery of an agile and potent submarine capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
ASC have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer (all seniority levels considered) to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis and based out of Adelaide, SA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will involve providing engineering proficiency and support to disciplines both internally and externally to the Design and Engineering departments. The successful person will deliver technical decisions that are safe, practical and suitable for implementation on board the Collins Class Submarines, which contribute to Australia’s frontline naval capabilities.
Further duties will involve:
· Perform engineering tasks of a technically challenging nature which demonstrate knowledge of engineering fundamentals,
· Conduct all technical activities in accordance with the Defence Seaworthiness Management System,
· Provide engineering support to the maintenance of the Collins Class Submarine Program,
· Development of electrical documentation such as specifications, schematics, investigations, assessments, test procedures and engineering reports,
· Support the reliability of systems and conduct root cause assessments,
· Analysis of defects and problems reported, as well as the development of remedial and corrective actions to overcome and prevent re-occurrence of such defects and problems,
· Review and preparation of technical risk assessments.
Integral to this role will be your ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals, provide problem solving solutions and have the confidence and professional demeanour to influence.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar (Degree must satisfy membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia at MIEAust level)
· Ability to work unsupervised and to work well within a multi-discipline team of engineers and technical personnel
· Experience with working through integration issues with stakeholders to find acceptable solutions
· Ability to build and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with stakeholders, as well as the drive to motivate yourself and others, and embrace personal development
· Australian Citizenship for eligibility to gain a Defence Clearance and meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements
· Eligibility for Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status
· National Police Clearance
Desirable competencies and experiences - not mandatory
· Current Baseline or NV1 Clearance
· Experience with naval maintenance and/or operation of maritime systems
· Knowledge and understanding of Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS) and its application to Engineering Delegations and Risk Levels
· Knowledge of operating in Submarines or the Shipbuilding engineering environment
· Experience in providing technical repair instructions and /or overseeing work conducted
Eligibility and Requirements
The successful candidate must provide ASC with a current National Police Clearance prior as well as be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Access protected US Defence Technology will be taken into account in assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC also requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. If you are applying for a role at ASC please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. ASC will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce
About our offer
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
· Leadership and development opportunities
· Flexible working arrangements
· Additional 2 weeks of leave (6 weeks in total)
· Generous paid parental leave
· Salary sacrificing options
· Novated leasing of a vehicle
· Paid defence reservist leave
· Onsite cafeteria, gym & parking
ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine capability, committed to delivery of the world’s best submarine sustainment and capability support services for Australia’s sovereign submarine program the Collins Class submarine fleet, whilst simultaneously delivering Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers and Arafura Class Offshore Patrol Vessels.
With more than 1,300 employees based at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
At ASC we offer not only offer challenging and rewarding work on Australia’s submarines and warships, we provide programs, initiatives and benefits that ensure our people reach their true potential.
After 30 years building Australia’s submarine industrial base, ASC is now diversifying our business activities, forging new partnerships and initiatives and helping to deliver successful submarine programs in Australia, Europe and North America.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australia’s dedicated submarine sustainment company.
ASC – Australian for submarines.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.