Job no: 972607
Employment type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Henderson, WA
Categories: Administration, Planning / Scheduling, Program / Project Management, Cost Control Engineers / Analysts
About the Opportunity
ASC have an opportunity for an experienced and qualified Project Scheduler to join our team for a 6-8 month contract. Reporting to the Program Scheduling Manager, the successful person will bring their scheduling expertise along with an extensive background working within a complex project environment, to provide detailed scheduling support to assigned project teams throughout the lifecycle of availability. This role forms an integral part of our Collins Class Submarine (CCSM) sustainment program, contributing to Australia’s Naval Defence capabilities.
This fixed-term role will be based in Henderson, WA and will conclude in June 2021.
The successful applicant will possess;
- Technical qualification(s) in a relevant Engineering/trade discipline, or proven ability as a Scheduler in a similar environment,
- Proficiency in the use of Primavera (or similar software),
- Knowledge and experience of business systems such as ERP,
- Demonstrated scheduling experience within a complex project environment,
- A background within defence, shipbuilding and/or heavy engineering industries are favourable,
- AIMP membership (or equivalent) is desirable,
- The ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and written,
- A high-level of integrity and resilience,
- Ability to quickly build rapport and establish positive working relationships with team members,
- A proven dedication to continuous improvement,
- Eligibility to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance – NV1 (Confidential).
About the role
Working within a team of 10 Schedulers, your responsibilities will involve providing support to your assigned project team, ensuring resource availability to support schedule delivery and accurate maintenance of schedule data through proactive communication. You will be required to develop project schedules against defined templates and project team requirements, as well as providing regular schedule analysis for relevant stakeholders.
About our offer
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Paid parental leave
- Additional leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine capability, committed to delivery of the world’s best submarine sustainment and capability support services for Australia’s sovereign submarine program the Collins Class submarine fleet, whilst simultaneously delivering Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers and Arafura Class Offshore Patrol Vessels.
With more than 1,300 employees based at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
At ASC we offer not only challenging and rewarding work on Australia’s submarines and warships, we provide programs, initiatives and benefits that ensure our people reach their true potential.
After 30 years building Australia’s submarine industrial base, ASC is now diversifying our business activities, forging new partnerships and initiatives and helping to deliver successful submarine programs in Australia, Europe and North America.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australia’s dedicated submarine sustainment company.
ASC – Australian for submarines.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance. Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance and to access protected US Defence Technology may be taken into account when assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend