Job no: 972496
Employment type: Full time
Location: Adelaide, SA
Categories: Information Technology
We are currently seeking a savvy entry level Software Engineer to support our specialist Collins Class Submarines Software Engineering project team. The predominant focus of this role will be to support and implement applications/solutions for specialised defence applications as well as contributing to the efficient and effective functioning of the team.
To be considered for this permanent fulltime opportunity one must ideally display experience across the following technical areas
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively with external parties.
- Basic exposure in reviewing technical documentation and reports on software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities/expectations and meet commitments.
- Minimum1-3 years plus experience in a similar role.
- Motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Preferably exposure to a commercial environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or Software Engineering.
About our offer
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine capability, committed to delivery of the world’s best submarine sustainment and capability support services for Australia’s sovereign submarine programs, namely the Collins Class submarine fleet, whilst simultaneously delivering Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers and Arafura Class Offshore Patrol Vessels.
With more than 1,300 employees at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
At ASC we offer more than just challenging and rewarding work on Australia’s submarines and ships, we offer programs, initiatives and benefits that help our people reach their true potential.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance. Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance and to access protected US Defence Technology may be considered in assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity, please contact Lidia Morris (Recruitment Advisor) for a confidential chat on 08 8348 7714.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend