About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Applications Team Leader, this specialist role will be responsible for effectively communicating with the business and other team members in order to develop appropriate technical solutions which deliver maximum benefit and capability to ASC. This role will provide hands on senior technical expertise and will be responsible for analysing, designing, coding, testing, documenting and implementing new applications or updates to existing ASC applications. It will also involve identifying technical requirements and working to agreed specifications, standards and timelines coupled with contributing to the strategic planning, technical design, architecture, and training for the ASC applications portfolio.
To be considered for this permanent full time opportunity it is imperative that one must display experience across the following technical areas:
- A demonstrated high level of initiative and be able to work relatively autonomously with regard to determining business requirements, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Significant exposure in working with various technology stacks (both legacy and modern).
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing build/test/deploy automation tools/processes.
- Proficiency with a variety of technology stacks such as Java, .Net, Android, BizTalk, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience working in an agile environment, in particular working within a Scrum Framework.
- Exposure in areas of Business Intelligence, big data, and ux design.
- In-depth experience with developing and implementing solutions within an enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience in systems analysis and design, programming, technical documentation, testing methods and user interfaces.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills coupled with sound stake holder engagement capabilities. The preferred candidate will also have extensive expertise in multi-tasking and prioritising work and have the proven experience in meeting project technical requirements and project schedules. To be considered for this opportunity a degree qualification in either Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or equivalent is also required.
About our offer
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine capability, committed to delivery of the world’s best submarine sustainment and capability support services for Australia’s sovereign submarine program the Collins Class submarine fleet, whilst simultaneously delivering Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers and Arafura Class Offshore Patrol Vessels.
With more than 1,300 employees based at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
At ASC we offer not only offer challenging and rewarding work on Australia’s submarines and warships, we provide programs, initiatives and benefits that ensure our people reach their true potential.
After 30 years building Australia’s submarine industrial base, ASC is now diversifying our business activities, forging new partnerships and initiatives and helping to deliver successful submarine programs in Australia, Europe and North America.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australia’s dedicated submarine sustainment company.
ASC – Australian for submarines.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance. Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance and to access protected US Defence Technology may be taken into account in assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity please contact Lidia Morris (Recruitment Advisor) for a confidential chat on 08 8348 7714.