Job no: 972370
Employment type: Full time
Location: Garden Island, Rockingham & Henderson - WA
Categories: Tradesperson - Electrical
ASC is home to Australia's largest and most highly skilled design and engineering workforce. From the construction and maintenance of Collins Class Submarines to building the Air Warfare Destroyers for the Royal Australian Navy, we are recognised as a world leader in our field. That's why we can offer some of the most rewarding careers!
The Maintenance Department at ASC in WA are now looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Tradesperson. This tradesperson will be required to work within a dedicated team focused on supporting the Collins Class Submarine maintenance program. The Collins Class Submarine maintenance program is conducted across two work sites located at Henderson and Garden Island.
Reporting to the Electrical Trade Manager at ASC West, the tradesperson will be required to maintain plant, buildings and equipment. The role requires a strong commitment to safety, good communication skills, and the ability to work with minimum supervision within a team environment.
Required skills and experience
- Eligible for Department of Defence Security Clearance
- Holds an electrical trade certificate.
- Holds a valid unrestricted WA Electrical Workers Licence.
- Knowledge of AS3000-2000, electrical testing and compliance and COC's.
- Experience in programming and fault finding PLC Systems.
- Experience in breakdown and preventative maintenance in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience of fault finding in complex systems.
- Basic computer operating skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in using and entering data in a CMMS.
- Experience in the marine industry
- Good work ethics
- Good team player
If you would like to apply, please apply online no later than the 27th February 2019.
Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance and to access protected US Defence Technology will be taken into account in assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend