About the Opportunity
As an Electrical Engineer reporting to the Electrical Engineering Team Lead, your primary focus will be predominantly maintenance based, providing onsite engineering support for repair instructions, defect and deviation assessments, system performance review, root cause analyses and technical investigations.
Key Deliverables of the Position:
- Perform engineering tasks of a technically challenging nature which demonstrate knowledge of engineering fundamentals;
- Providing engineering support to the maintenance of the Collins Class Submarine Program
- Development of electrical documentation such as specifications, schematics, investigations, assessments, test procedures and engineering reports;
- Support the reliability of systems and conduct root cause analyses;
- Analysis of defects and problems reported, as well as the development of remedial and corrective actions to overcome and prevent re-occurrence of such defects and problems.
Integral to this role will be your ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals, provide problem solving solutions and have the confidence and professional demeanour to influence.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar
- Demonstrated analytical skills and technical knowledge in engineering
- Ability to prepare well-structured and concise reports
- Previously worked as part of a team of Engineers
- Ability to work effectively alongside trades in defect investigation and rectification.
- Australian Citizenship for eligibility to gain a Defence Clearance
- National Police Clearance
Desirable competencies and experiences
- Current Baseline or NV1 Clearance
- Experience with naval maintenance and/or operation of maritime systems
- Knowledge of operating in Submarines or the Shipbuilding engineering environment
- Experience in providing technical repair instructions and /or overseeing work conducted
About our offer
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
ASC is Australia’s only established sovereign submarine capability, committed to delivery of the world’s best submarine sustainment and capability support services for Australia’s sovereign submarine program the Collins Class submarine fleet, whilst simultaneously delivering Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers and Arafura Class Offshore Patrol Vessels.
With more than 1,300 employees based at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
At ASC we offer not only offer challenging and rewarding work on Australia’s submarines and warships, we provide programs, initiatives and benefits that ensure our people reach their true potential.
After 30 years building Australia’s submarine industrial base, ASC is now diversifying our business activities, forging new partnerships and initiatives and helping to deliver successful submarine programs in Australia, Europe and North America.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Australia’s dedicated submarine sustainment company.
ASC – Australian for submarines.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance. Eligibility for an Australian Defence Security Clearance and to access protected US Defence Technology may be taken into account in assessing an applicant's suitability for this role.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
If you are ready to take up your next career opportunity please contact Abbie Lee (Recruitment Advisor) for a confidential chat on 08 9410 4272.