Job no: 972314
Employment type: Full time
Location: Henderson, WA
Categories: Procurement / Purchasing
ASC is home to Australia's largest and most highly skilled naval design and engineering workforce. From the construction and maintenance of Collins Class submarines to building the Air Warfare Destroyers for the Royal Australian Navy, We are recognised as a world leader in our field. That's why we can offer some of the most rewarding careers.
This exciting opportunity will see you working as a crucial part of our busy procurement team managing key categories and activities across our programs and capability areas.
Working in a complex environment you will play a significant role in developing, delivering and supporting business critical category strategies and related sourcing activities through proactive engagement with key business stakeholders and the external market to ensure value for money outcomes.
You will utilise your relationship management skills to provide an exceptional customer experience, whilst also managing risk and ensuring the procurement process is understood, applied into day-to-day operations and in accordance with current best practice and ASCs corporate governance framework.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, law, supply chain or related demonstrated experience in a relevant Supply Chain role a defence, manufacturing, or resource environment
- Possesses project management skills to manage sourcing projects to agreed timelines and budget restraints.
- In-depth knowledge of category management, strategic sourcing and contracting principles and best practices.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills for use in large and / or complex deals.
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management.
- The ability to provide a current National Police Clearance and be eligible to attain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Please note that individuals with a criminal record are not automatically discounted from being considered for this position.
If you would like be considered for this exciting opportunity please review a copy of the Position Description below and submit your application.
PD - Snr Sourcing Specialist - 2018-01.pdf
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend