Job no: 972306
Employment type: Full time
Location: Adelaide, SA
Categories: Contract / Subcontract Management / Administration
ASC is home to Australia largest and most highly skilled naval design and engineering workforce. From the construction and maintenance of the Collins Class submarines to building the Air Warfare Destroyers, ASC is recognised as a world leader in its field.
The Commercial Estimator role combines commercial skills such as analysis, bid, negotiation and customer relationship, with traditional estimating skills. Its purpose is to provide control, accountability and assurance to de risk internal estimates and external quotations, bids and the contractor proposal submissions for the Collins Class Submarines business unit.
This role operates within an environment where ASC must transition from a cost-plus, no-risk setting, to one where profit and contract renewal is contingent on performance. Estimating accuracy and consistency is therefore paramount.
Key areas of work will include:
- coordinating and managing accurate and timely generation of estimates required under In Support Service Contract (ISSC)
- ensuring compliance of Commercial Estimating outputs to ISSC Conditions and applicable ASC Corporate processes;
- building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- working with the Estimating Manager to grow ASC’s estimating capability to meet future business and bid requirements
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Tertiary, Diploma or Trade Qualification in an applicable discipline (eg. Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Project Management or Mechanical/Electrical trades)
- 3 - 5 years project experience and sound knowledge of Estimating, Planning, Scheduling and EVMS concepts
- Demonstrable Commercial acumen
- Proven competency in the use of ERP, EVMS or scheduling programs (including Primavera P6, Deltek Cobra, Microsoft Project, ProPricer etc.) and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Advanced Microsoft Excel
- The ability to provide a current National Police Clearance and be eligible to attain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Please note that individuals with a criminal record are not automatically discounted from being considered for this position.
How to apply:
If you would like be considered for this exciting opportunity, please review a copy of the position description below and submit your application attaching a covering letter and resume.
Commercial Estimator - SA and WA (28092018).pdf
Applications close Sunday 27 January 2019.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friend