Job no: 972205
Employment type: Full time
Location: Garden Island, Rockingham & Henderson - WA
Categories: Human Resources & Training
JOIN OUR TEAM
ASC are currently seeking applications for a newly developed role of Navigation Instructor to join our team providing training services to the Royal Australian Navy at the Submarine Training and Systems Centre at Garden Island, WA.
ASC has been providing submarine training services to the RAN since 1992 and prides itself on the positive, proactive and professional culture it has developed at the Submarine Training and Systems Centre.
To be successful in this role, candidates will have the following:
- RAN Bridge Warfare Certificate or Civilian Bridge Watchkeeping equivalent
- Have a minimum of two years practical experience on the bridge of a ship or a submarine in an Officer of the Watch or Deck Watchkeeper role
- Have a minimum of one year practical experience with electronic charting systems
- Highly developed knowledge of Maritime Navigation requirements.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong client focus and customer service ethic
- Collins Class Submarine qualification
- Intermediate Navigation qualifications
- Strong understanding of training and quality processes
- Previous practical experience in delivering training within the VET sector
- Current First Aid Certificate
WHAT’S ON OFFER
We offer more than just a challenging and rewarding career. We have put together a range of programs, initiatives and benefits that help empower our employees to reach their personal and professional goals to ensure their career with us is both challenging and rewarding.
- Relocation Package to Perth WA
- Job security
- Job satisfaction knowing that what you do each day is making a difference.
- Performance - based annual bonus program.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Conditions which allow for a balance between work and life.
- Supportive diversity and inclusion programs.
ASC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunities employer that provides an environment that encourages diversity and inclusion in all of its forms.
To be eligible for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens and be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance
If you would like to secure a promising future with an industry leader with long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities please submit your expression of interest online.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend