Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since 2003, Thiess in Indonesia has operated open pits at the Sangatta Mine Project, one of the world’s largest thermal coal reserves under a life of mine contract.
About the role
The Superintendent Technical Services provides competent and professional mine planning functions to ensure the targets set by the Project are met on time while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Manager Technical Services and based on Project on a 4/10 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- To ensure all design and planning provided for allowing the maximum productivity and coal recovery in the most cost effective and safe manner;
- Record and report on the results of Implementing the mine plan, highlighting good, bad, lessons learnt and priorities for Improvement;
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data of the reserve and manipulate reserves to account for mining practices;
- Mining methods and selectivity, handling, blending and transport of coal;
- Create and maintain a schedule database In XPAC/Excel for excavation and dump sequence;
- Produce - scheduling outputs for clients (progress, sequence, quantities, truck requirements, costs);
- Provide Mine Planning inputs for tendering new business;
- Liaise with clients and estimating to provide necessary data for pricing;
- To provide data for financial accrual in monthly basis and management needs.
- Coordinate with Senior Geologist re client geological model and Senior Geotechnical Engineer as required;
- Liaise with client on preparation of Working model & ensure relevant new pit data are incorporated into the next working model;
- Reconciliation (comparison between model, survey and actual);
- Ensure geotechnical issues are highlighted and controls implemented (eg; monitoring systems);
- Design according to the best available geotechnical advice;
- Liaison with client and consultant mining engineers.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering; minimum 10 years’ professional experience In large open cut mining and mine engineering and 3 years experiences in similar role as Superintendent Technical Services;
- Mining heavy industry-experience is essential; Formal education "MADYA" Certification — Mine and Energy Department — preferred; Outstanding proficiency in geological modelling and mine planning (Mincom) and other general office software (Microsoft) Mining Principles, Mine design concepts and mining methods; An awareness of mine operation regulatory requirements;
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both oral and written in English & Bahasa Indonesian; problem solving using analytical method, interdepartmental and management interactions, client focused, cost driven, work to deadline, computer literate.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 27th, 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.