Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Since 2003, Thiess in Indonesia has operated open pits at the Sangatta Mine Project, one of the world’s largest thermal coal reserves under a life of mine contract.
About the role
The Superintendent Plant Operations (Big Digger & Ancillary) provides strategic direction and leadership for all Plant Operational activities in all maintenance section at site. Reporting to Manager Plant, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- To ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved, by following the procedures set out in the TMS.
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of equipment repairs.
- Ensure that all area supervisors accurately complete daily breakdown reports, supervisors shift report, PCR’s for submission the planning and administration before 8am every day. Ensure accurate breakdown hours information is provided
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure correct procedures used when troubleshooting breakdowns and failures
- Review operator’s checklist summary and mechanical inspection sheets, ensure submission to planning department with repair and parts recommendation. Ensure supervisors and mechanic raise recommended parts lists accurately to address all known work, breakdowns, and planned maintenance
- Planning and co-ordination of shut down work in cooperation with planning department. Ensure all repairs are carried out in a cost effective and timely manner
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this includes operator abuse
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employee by ensure all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the TMC and the project management plan
- Ensure that there is no impact on the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the TMS and Site Management plan are followed
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Mechanical Engineer or Ex Apprentice with minimum 10 years industry mining maintenance experience, and has minimum 5 years’ experience in similar managerial role as Superintendent Plant Operations;
- Understanding the heavy plant business; knowledge in OEM products in Heavy Equipment; handling diagnostic skills in all aspects of mechanical repairs; OHS Regulations;
- Mechanic experience on Thiess equipment e.g. Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Coal hauling and lifting equipment;
- Knowledge of welding procedures;
- IT Literacy; Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; good in coaching/mentoring and negotiation/mediation; good analytical; conflict resolution; sound decision making skills;
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 27th, 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.