Search by keyword
e.g. Faculty, Biology, Admission
Cleaning Services B
Job no: 494195
Work type: Bargaining Unit
Location: Los Angeles
Title: Cleaning Services B
Department: Facilities Management
Occidental College is a selective four-year private liberal arts residential college. It is a single hillside campus of 123 acres, 50 major buildings and just over one million square feet. During the academic year, over 1200 students live on campus, and during the summer, special events and conferences are housed on campus creating a seven-day a week support requirement. Performs a broad range of cleaning services necessary to maintain the college campus or facility in a clean and orderly condition for effective use by students, faculty and the public.
REPORTS TO: Cleaning Services Supervisor
- A Cleaning Services B maintains areas of buildings in a clean, safe and sanitary condition. Some direct supervision and direction required.
- Is aware of safety and health practices associated with cleaning services.
- Dust mops and sweeps floors. Wet mops and polishes floors. Gathers and disposes of rubbish, paper and debris; empties and washes refuse containers from interior and exterior locations. Services soap and paper dispensers, and similar fixtures. Cleans chalkboards, trays and erasers. May make up beds with linens.
- Dusts walls, desks, furniture, light fixtures, Venetian blinds, cabinets, ceilings, lockers, telephones, and other building accessories.
- Vacuums and spot cleans carpeting. Shampoos, cleans and treats carpeting. Refinishes and seals hardwood floors. Correct use of floor sealers, floor finishes and floor dressings. May operate equipment such as carts, scrubbing machines and extractor cleaning machines. Correct choice, and safe use of; cleaning materials, machines, tools and power cleaning equipment.
- Maintains in a sanitary condition restrooms fixtures and floors utilizing proper and safe use of cleaning materials and chemicals. Sterilization; sanitation methods and techniques used in housekeeping work.
- Safely moves, sets up, adjusts; desks, tables, and other furniture and equipment as required.
- Locks and secures assigned areas.
- Reports any problems, needed repair items or safety situations to any Cleaning Services supervisor.
- Work effectively and harmoniously with college students, faculty, fellow employees and community members.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Able to bend, and walk for extended periods.
- Requires moderate physical strength, able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The successful completion of a Cleaning Services course, or six (6) months of recent full-time cleaning service experience.
- The ability to receive and deliver communications in oral and written English; safe use of a stepladder.
EXPECTED HIRING RANGE: The starting base hourly rate for this position is $18.01/hr. After 6 months, the base hourly rate increases to $18.39/hr, and after 12 months, the base hourly rate increases to $18.94/hr.
We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp