Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Job no: 493738
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Monroe, LA
Categories: Financial Aid
College: Louisiana Delta Community College
Department: Enrollment Management
Sub department: Financial Aid
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities: • Provide supervision for designated financial aid staff.
• Conducts and promotes financial aid awareness and financial literacy each semester throughout the college to reach all students.
• Develop, implement, and provide ongoing training programs for the Office of Financial Aid and other division or department staff as needed.
• Serve as an information resource on complex problems relating to policy interpretation, compliance requirements and/or regulatory explanations pertaining to financial aid issues.
• Manage Federal Work-Study Program.
• Assist students and parents in navigating the financial aid process.
• Performs random quality assurance testing on process financial aid files.
• Works with the Director of Financial Aid to create, coordinate, and publish an internal policies and procedure manual for each area for specific functions within the Office of Financial Aid.
• Updates/communicates changes within the department to assure compliance with regulatory and administrative requirements for Title IV federal student aid programs.
• Manage monthly reconciliation of Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, and State Aid Programs.
• Assist the Director in the preparation of the FISAP Report.
• Assist in Community Service Outreach.
• Participates in local, regional, and national financial aid organizations to stay abreast of all regulatory changes.
• Collects and maintains all required documents related to GI Bill® benefits in a manner that is consistent, organized, and meets all federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
• Prepares and maintains required reports and documentation, in accordance with State Approving Agency (SAA) policy and audit guidelines.
• Inputs and updates military-connected student codes and information in Banner and VA-Once systems.
• Remain current on matters pertaining to VA rules, benefits, and additions to the SCO handbook.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in federal and state regulations governing student financial aid, including Title IV, grants, and loan programs. Individual must have exceptional interpersonal skills for working with a diverse student population. Experience with working in an integrated student information system, preferably Ellucian Banner, is preferred. This position requires exceptional organizational skills, and oral/communication skills. The ability to work accurately and prioritize deadlines is a requirement.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend