Student Intern - Institutional Research
Job no: 493463
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Categories: Institutional Research
Sub department: Student Affairs>Institutional Research
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: Pay depends on college standing (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior) and will be according to LCTCS policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter and retrieve information in online databases
• Prepare reports using Microsoft Office products
• Provide courier service
• Assist in data verification and analysis
• Maintain the BOR Course Articulation Matrix
• Maintain files and information retrieval systems
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity of documents and student information as well as complying with state and federal privacy regulations, such as FERPA
• Provide support to the LCTCS reception area when needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education: Must be a full-time student and maintain full-time status in order to retain eligibility for continued employment as a student worker.
Verification of full-time student status must be furnished to the Human Resources office at the beginning of each Spring and Fall semester.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work independently, in teams, and with supervision
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• A valid Louisiana Driver’s License, and a clean driving record.
• Proof of motor vehicle insurance
• Proof of full-time student status
Work Hours: 15-20 hours per week during class sessions; up to 29 hours per week during holidays and breaks.
Application Deadline: August 19, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter that addresses the outlined responsibilities, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional/work-related references. *If selected, applicant will be asked to provide a certified copy of transcript.
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6.036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
LCTCS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend