Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Job no: 493461
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Categories: Facilities, Warehouse/Receiving
Department: Facilities & Maintenance
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities: • Develop and maintain a close working relationship with individuals, departments, and organizations on campus as well as various constituencies off-campus.
• Performs administrative functions as it relates to the programs, plans, activities, and day-to-day work in the areas of facilities.
• Assists with clerical functions as requested by the Executive Director of Facilities.
• Develop and produce type-written letters, memorandums, and other correspondence as needed. Maintains files accurately in paper and in software programs when needed. File records as needed. Runs errands for the Executive Director as needed.
• Screens telephone calls as needed.
• Ensures all inventory / assets are properly processed with the Property Controller in the Business Office. Assign inventory tag numbers and maintain inventory logs / records in accordance with state guidelines and the Business Office.
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers. Approves and signs deliveries received, retrieved, and shipped. Inspects deliveries for damages and confirms number of packages received and/or shipped. Maintains a daily receiving and shipping log.
• Delivers all packages received daily to all departments on campus and obtains confirmation signatures for each package.
• Tracks and logs packing slips in receiving book and scans packing slips to computer system before forwarding to Business Office.
• Travels locally between multiple buildings, facilities and campuses, and occasionally travels to training sites and other state locations.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Participates on College Committees as assigned by Executive Director.
• Performs other duties as required.
Required Experience: • Two years of work-related experience in a warehouse and/or operating heavy machinery.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Education: • Associates degree.
Preferred Experience: • Four years of work-related experience.
• Forklift certification
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend