Employee Engagement Coordinator
Job no: 493353
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Lafayette, LA
Categories: Human Resources
Department: Administration & Finance
Sub department: Human Resources
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Salary: $41,897 - $46,730
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research best practices for employee engagement and recognition and suggests findings on innovative improvements and/or solutions to ensure high-impact employee engagement programs and activities.
• Utilize various channels to build awareness, understanding and engagement for employee initiatives and programs. This includes maintaining the total rewards and recognition program and Value Incentive Program visible college wide.
• Creation and delivery of internal communication that result in high-quality messaging that provides information in a simple yet compelling way.
• Regularly update the organization on engagement initiatives and build excitement for upcoming programs with a communication plan that includes email and other marketing campaigns.
• Effectively and accurately coordinate logistics, scheduling, catering, and communication for engagement and training programs and initiatives as requested (events such as SDI, LDI, ELI, etc.).
• Provide exceptional customer service to employees in all matters and communications.
• Support the vision and values of the college through standards of practice campaign. This includes email campaign and other visible methods of communication to keep the college values front and center.
• Collect feedback on events, activities, and programs to evaluate effectiveness and offer recommendations for continuous improvement and take ownership of implementation.
• Manage, maintain, and publish SLCC master calendar to coordinate employee programs, and activities at all campus locations.
• Communicate accurately, honestly, supportively and in a timely manner on matters of engagement to ensure employee issues are concerns are heard and resolved.
• Organizes and facilitates an exceptional orientation experience to create positive early employment encounters. This includes monitoring and updating program as part of continuous improvement. In collaboration with the Director of Employee Experience and DEI Council, ensures the orientation program is inclusive and inviting for all attendees.
• Works in conjunction with HR and the Director of Employee Experience to ensure the onboarding of college employees optimize the new hire experience. Provide onboarding support to Supervisors while working closely with other cross-functional teams in HR.
• Maintain relationship with new hires to ensure success for them and the college by performing 30 and 90 day stay meetings.
• Responsible for exit interviews and compiling a quarterly exit summary to identify problem areas to assist in building retention strategies.
• Partner with HR in conducting employee surveys and engaging in two-way dialogues with employees to obtain employee feedback and identify employee concerns and overall employee satisfaction.
• Responsible for building programming focused on employee well-being. This includes organizing trainings and workshops that focus on self-improvement topics such as stress management, personal finance management and other self-help topics.
• Oversee required DEI Certification module training program for staff and faculty. This includes marketing and monitoring the program for employee completion, inclusion of new employees and/or removal of licensing for exiting employees.
• Act as first line of support for the DEI Council and to assist them in completing their objectives, initiatives, and deliverables. Support may include, but not limited to note-taking, council observer/liaison, event design, calendaring, catering needs, room reservation and set-up.
• Project coordination around inclusion focused education, programs and events for staff, faculty and students detailed and proposed in the DEI strategic plan.
• May serve on selection committees and/or directs the Selection Committee on hiring managers on proper screening and interviewing protocols.
• Participate in various college initiatives and projects as requested.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in business related field. Acceptable substitutions are: associate's degree with four years of directly related experience; or eight years of directly related experience.
Two years of experience in an employee engagement program or related Human Resources work.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Valid, unencumbered driver's license.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend