Job no: 493252
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SOWELA – Leesville
Categories: Admissions, Student Affairs
Department: Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
Sub department: Enrollment Management/ Financial Aid
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Counsel and provide service to customers regarding end-to-end service in admissions, records, registration, scholarships, financial aid, student accounts, and programs of study, etc.
• Coordinate and collaborate with representatives from the student accounts, financial aid, advising and the Registrar’s Offices and other campus departments and personnel to resolve student issues and develop quality improvement methods.
• Represent SOWELA at area school and community events and serves as an active role in all recruitment activities initiated by other campus entities. Conducts travel to secondary schools and other venues within the College’s service area (may include evenings and weekends).
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with individuals, departments, and organizations on campus as well as various constituencies off-campus, including secondary school officials.
• Assist in the planning and development of various materials designed to attract quality students to SOWELA Technical Community College.
• Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of One Stop Center processes. Provides suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, via phone, and email.
• Provide consistent and accurate advising information to students through the web/portal and staff/faculty, as well as across departments to ensure that all disseminate information is consistent.
• Advise students in selecting courses and combinations of courses that reflect individual interests and academic preparedness. Interpret assessment scores and facilitate decisions with students regarding placement choices within their selected program of study.
• Administer and proctor testing as needed, to include the Accuplacer exam.
• Perform general office and administrative functions as assigned.
Maintain confidentiality of records and information (FERPA Compliance).
• Maintain files accurately, in paper and software programs (such as Banner and Microsoft Office programs).
• Maintain knowledge of the College’s policies and procedures, grounds and facilities, registration process and all services provided at the College.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
• Associate degree
• Two years’ related experience in higher education preferably in the areas of recruitment, admissions, financial aid, and/or enrollment counseling.
• Bachelor’s degree
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend