Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
Job no: 492468
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Allied Health
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Nursing, Allied Health & Safety
Type of Appointment: Full time - Temporary (not to exceed 3/18/22)
Salary: $11.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
50% of the job:
• Serves as Clinical Compliance Coordinator for faculty/student background checks & drug screening for all programs within the division.
• Handles sensitive interpersonal situations involving students, faculty and staff as it relates to the purview of the Dean.
• Maintains Dean’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and travel.
• Inputs purchase requisitions in Banner system & ensures funds are available to cover the costs.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of repots, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides day-to-day office support to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Helps the Dean manage administrative reports from various entities within the organization such as:
property and equipment inventory, attendance reports, budgeting, faculty evaluations, reviews and keeps abreast of appropriate policies.
• Records, transcribes, and distributes minutes for all meetings.
• Initiates paperwork for the Dean’s review and signature.
• Drafted new and expired Clinical Endeavor Agreements for clinical facilities.
• Prepare Adjunct and Extra Service Agreements.
• Prepare meeting Agendas.
• Scheduled Advising and Orientation dates for newly admitted Nursing programs
30% of the job:
• Serves as dean’s proxy for divisional time and attendance records.
• Processes LSBPNE transcript requests.
• Welcome guest by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and provides information by answering questions and requests.
• Completes data-entry as required with accuracy and efficiency.
• Maintains supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipates needed supplies and places and expedites orders.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calls for repairs.
maintains equipment inventories, evaluates new equipment and techniques.
• Word processing of timely reports in a timely manner.
• Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets for various reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education: High school diploma
Required Experience: One (1) year of clerical experience
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend