Coordinator - Testing Center
Job no: 492463
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SOWELA – Main Campus
Categories: Advising and Retention
Department: Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
Sub department: Academic Advising
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advises students in a professional and respectful manner regarding rules, eligibility requirements, and qualifications governing placement test scores.
• Administers, proctors, scores and transmits results of all tests administered by the Testing Center. Observes college, state/federal, and test agency policies and procedures for security/confidentiality of testing records; includes adherence to FERPA as it relates to SOWELA’s testing services.
• Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of procedures and processes for the Testing Center.
• Orders materials and equipment needed for testing operations for SOWELA’s main campus, and SOWELA’s Morgan Smith and Oakdale sites.
• Maintains and troubleshoots testing center equipment. Ensures that the computers have appropriate updates and software for testing.
• Provides assistance to candidates who are taking tests by informing them of the appropriate test taking procedures. Monitors candidates taking test and reports any testing infractions or acts of academic dishonesty to the appropriate personnel.
• Evaluates exam procedures to assure they are relevant to the testing format. Implements new testing procedures if needed.
• Schedules individuals for testing, proctors the tests, and ensure that tests are electronically sent for evaluations.
• Handles inquiries regarding scheduling information, types of tests available, directions to the Testing Center, etc.
• Gathers information on potential demand for potential new tests. Provides information on computer platform requirements, associated cost, equipment required, etc. Makes recommendations to supervisors regarding these matters.
• Tracks information related to types of tests proctored, volume of students testing, testing fees paid/collected, and records of no shows. Prepares reports related to this tracking.
• Communicates with different campuses to ensure test integrity and to keep all testing staff abreast of new testing requirements and information.
• Communicates with third party clients about policies and testing requirements.
• Stays up to date on all certifications and all testing staff certifications to ensure no interruptions of testing operations.
• Trains and informs new staff of all testing regulations and requirements, and creates accounts for new testing personnel.
• Maintains open communication with all departments on campus to keep an accurate count of test trends, required tests needing to be offered, and changes in tests.
• Monitors the SOWELA website to ensure that all Testing information is relevant and accurate.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Associate's Degree
• Three to five years related experience in higher education specifically in the areas of testing, advising or student affairs
• Bachelor's Degree
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend