Job no: 492422
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SOWELA – Main Campus
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Workforce Development
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities: These are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation(s). Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
• Identify trendsetting ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with business executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
• Perform cold calls as appropriate within a specific geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
• Estimate partners’ needs and goals.
• Examine risks and potentials for business opportunities.
• Develop and utilize negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations.
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
• Maintain relationships with existing clients and locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners.
• Track individual contributors, business partners, project status, and accomplishments.
• Ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the identified sales management system.
• Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the SOWELA’s people and capabilities.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Advocate for and incorporate initiatives of the Manufactured Extension Partnership of Louisiana (MEPOL).
• Incorporate strategies to improve SOWELA’s facility usage program.
• Review divisional budget and continually track expenses, as well as ensure the division is on track to achieve revenue targets.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and the reputation of the organization.
• Mentor entry level staff department staff to help achieve department goals.
• Understand goals and purpose of Workforce Solutions to continually enhance the division’s performance.
• Submit weekly progress reports ensuring data is accurate.
• Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Develop a growth strategy and strategic plan focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
• Set realistic and attainable divisional goals and revenue projections.
• Performs other duties as directed by the Executive Director for Workforce Solutions.
• Associate’s degree in business administration or comparable training or certifications, and/or relevant experience.
• Three to five years of sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
• Experience as a business developer in public higher education.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend