One-Stop Center Receptionist
Job no: 492396
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Academic Initiatives
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Salary: $22,110.40 - $24,918.40
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves visitors and clients by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
• Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for One-Stop Center phone and console operation and maintains working knowledge of console including staff extensions, employee names and job titles.
• Receives and routes a high volume of calls through a One-Stop Center phone and console and maintains the confidentiality of each caller.
• Notifies One-Stop Center personnel of visitor or client arrival.
• Maintains One-Stop Center VOS Greeter System.
• Informs visitors and clients by answering or referring inquiries.
• Directs visitors and clients by maintaining employee and department directories.
• Maintains One-Stop Center security by following procedures, monitoring sign-in book, and issuing visitor and client badges.
• Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Supports continuity among One-Stop Center work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Provides day-to-day administrative and Center personnel support by contributing as a team effort and accomplishing results as needed.
• Adheres to applicable federal, state, and local laws, policies, and regulations in order to meet public workforce recruitment and contractual performance goals.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of business and educational services.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET)
Required Experience: 2 years of responsible work experience serving customers and clients seeking employment services or with community or government agencies.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Active, unencumbered driver's license
Preferred Education: Associate Degree in related field
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend