Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program Administrator
Job no: 492379
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Morgan City
Categories: Allied Health, Nursing
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Sub department: Maritime & Continuing Education
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff (Grant Funded)
Salary: $51,978 - $60,742
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight management for all SLCC Corporate College CNA Programs.
• Supervise CNA Coordinators and CNA Instructors on all SLCC Corporate College Campuses.
• Function as the CNA Coordinator for the Morgan City Campus. May serve as the Interim CNA Coordinator on one additional campus if a vacancy occurs.
• Respond to all LDH communications in a timely manner.
• Assist with the room scheduling of class and skills lab for the Morgan City Campus.
• Travels to all outer campuses (as needed).
• Prepare the annual report for the Morgan City Campus and aid the external campuses with the preparation of their reports.
• Track and maintain clinical contracts for the CNA program.
• Act as the liaison between the clinical partners and the college for the CNA programs.
• Ensure clinical site availability.
• Track end of course evaluations for the CNA program.
• Assist the Dean of Maritime & Continuing Education with orientation for all newly hired adjunct and fulltime CNA faculty.
• Plan student service-learning activities in conjunction with CNA Coordinators.
• Serves as the 1st step in the resolution of all student grievances in the CNA programs.
• Assist Dean of Maritime & Continuing Education revision of the program curricula and make recommendations for areas of improvement.
• Review booklist and make program recommendations as needed.
• Manage and support faculty in their roles as teachers, mentors, and practitioners.
• Attend conferences and stay up to date with issues relevant to the field.
• Provide input into the development and maintenance of the CNA budget.
• Assist in the preparation of the admission and graduation records to be submitted to the LDH.
• Schedule CNA program advising and orientation for new students.
• Track student Intent to Return process to ensure appropriate tracking of faculty.
• Schedule monthly CNA faculty meetings.
• Organize and attend CNA Advisory Board meetings.
• Attend program chair and relevant ad-hoc meetings.
• Work with the director’s office and appropriate staff to determine and communicate staffing, facilities, equipment, and other program needs.
• Communicate with other chairs to foster effective use of resources around public programs, events and exhibitions.
• Work with staff to manage the day-to-day running of the program.
• Provide the Dean of Maritime & Continuing Education with a timely, accurate course schedule.
• Schedule and coordinate Prometrics testing for graduating students.
• CNA Program Facility Liaison for the Dual Enrollment program.
• Travel to Dual Enrollment site
• Observe faculty, monitors applicable reports and dashboards, and reviews course elements to ensure quality of instruction and faculty activities.
• Complete annual faculty performance evaluations.
• Other duties specific to the CNA program’s needs, as required.
• Coordination of scheduling of classes with Student Services.
• Assignment of faculty to course offerings.
• Ordering supplies and equipment.
• Creation and tracking of unit plans, program reviews and other required assessments (ex: OER, Performance Reporting, Pass Rates).
• Attend required trainings, college-wide events, graduation, convocation, when applicable.
• Represent the discipline when needed at external events (LCTCS and BOR meetings, Meetings with 4-year institutions).
• Initiate and participates in standing and ad hoc committee and activities within the department/division/unit and at the campus and college levels (ex: SLCC program advisory committee meetings.) Department chairs with have limited committee service and may be released from serving on Curriculum, Academic Standards or other time- consuming committees.
• Serve on second round interview committees unless assistance on the first round is needed to an exception.
• Participate in recruiting activities.
• ASN in Nursing
• 5 years’ experience as a nurse.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a nursing home.
Ability to work with data sets and rubrics to analyze and synthesize results. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations with limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and verbal forms. Competency with Microsoft Office suite and other relevant technology.
1. Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and community members.
2. Ability to coordinate work with other employees, providing direct supervision to assigned employees and volunteers.
3. Ability to organize work effectively, to prioritize objectives, and to exercise independent judgment.
4. Ability to identify and communicate to subordinates’ areas of growth and opportunities for development
5. Ability to motivate individuals and teams.
6. Ability to recognize, assess, and resolve problems, including personnel concerns.
7. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to multi-task assignments.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Licensed Registered Nurse
• Active, unencumbered driver's license
• BSN preferred
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend