Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Instructor
Job no: 492376
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Morgan City
Categories: Nursing, Workforce Development & Education
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Sub department: Maritime & Continuing Education
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Faculty 12 months (grant)
Salary: $41,908.13 - $56,052.85
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction for certified nurse assistant program in the following areas: Medical Terminology, Clinical, PRN
• Provide students with information sheet listing expectations and requirements for successfully completing the course.
• Convene scheduled classes in accordance with college policy.
• Maintain confidentiality of student information.
• Exercise stewardship of college facilities and materials.
• Advise and mentor students.
• Present didactic concepts.
• Write test questions for didactic content presented.
• Supervise students in clinical rotations.
• Conduct clinical evaluations of students. Maintain and update own nursing clinical competencies.
• Communicate teaching philosophy to students.
• Articulate, accept, and uphold the mission and purpose of South Louisiana Community College.
• Demonstrate a student-centered philosophy.
• Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development activities.
• Infuse diversity into curriculum.
• Infuse local, community, global, and environmental awareness into curriculum.
Facilitation of the Teaching Learning Process:
• Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning.
• Construct competency-based syllabi.
• Maintain up-to-date course content.
• Provide learning activities that meet course objectives.
• Meet learning needs of diverse student populations.
• Integrate available instructional technology when appropriate
Evaluation of Student Learning:
• Adhere to College, State, and Federal established deadlines for submitting reports and records related to student learning and student outcomes.
• Maintain accurate records of student progress.
• Assess Student Learning: Utilize assessment techniques to monitor student progress and success as outlined in the division and college assessment plans.
• Operate and stay current on appropriate instructional technology equipment (over-heads, computers, Display Devices, Smart classroom equipment, etc.)
• 5 years of nursing experience
• Possess at least two years of nursing experience in the provision of long-term care facility services or geriatric nursing.
• Computer program knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have the ability to interact with adult students.
• Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality
• Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching
• Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
• Teach courses at a variety of times such as mornings, evenings, or weekends.
• Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, College harassment policies, and/or other legal requirements
• Maintain accurate attendance, progress, and evaluation records in an acceptable grade book format and file
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Must hold a current, active Louisiana registered nurse license or be a licensed practical nurse
• Must hold an active unencumbered driver's license
Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend