Learning Coach (Student Worker Employee)
Job no: 492373
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Abbeville, SLCC – Crowley, SLCC – Franklin, SLCC – Lafayette, SLCC – Morgan City, SLCC – New Iberia, SLCC – Opelousas, SLCC – St. Martinville, SLCC – Ville Platte
Categories: Student Affairs
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Student Success Center
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide assistance to students in courses designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
• Learning sessions may be held at the Academic Success Center, virtually, or at an on-campus location designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success
• Maintain accurate records of learning sessions.
• Serve as a role model for all students seeking academic assistance.
• Be punctual for all scheduled learning sessions.
• Promote and Market the Academic Success Center throughout the college
• Other related duties as assigned
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
• Improve Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to think quickly under pressure
• Higher order thinking skills
• Increased ability to manage learning & study strategies
• Subject-specific knowledge & understanding
• Stress & time management skills
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Experience: Tutoring and/or teaching experience
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend