Full Time Faculty: Culinary Arts Instructor
Job no: 492352
Work type: Faculty Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Career and Technical Education
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Business, IT & Professional Studies
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Faculty 12 months
Salary: $43,908.13 - $56,052.85
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching introductory and advanced courses in the Culinary Arts program.
• Utilizing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking skills.
• Using teaching strategies to promote student success and retention.
• Using new technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
• Preparing and providing course syllabi and instructional materials to students consistent with course objectives.
• Evaluating students on comprehension and performance on practical techniques and providing career and academic advising for students.
• Advising students regarding their grades and progress in the course(s).
• Meeting all scheduled classes within the appropriate timeframe.
• Maintaining regularly scheduled office hours to facilitate students’ learning needs.
• Submitting syllabi, grades, attendance, and other reports by established deadlines.
• Attending and participating in college-wide, division, department, and program meetings and activities.
• Developing and maintaining professional relations with the industry through industry visits and advisory committee meetings.
• Remaining current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
• Adhering to department and college policies, standards, and procedures.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Essential functions of this position require:
Regularly lifting and/or moving up to fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
Standing for extended periods of time in a typical kitchen environment.
Performing hands-on demonstrations of culinary techniques and correct use of
Exposure to common cleaning agents and chemicals associated with food safety and
Physical requirements may be met with or without reasonable accommodations.
•Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline with three years of experience in the culinary industry OR any Associate’s degree with five years of experience in the culinary industry.
•Experience at the Management/Supervisory level.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
•American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certification or the ability to certify within 12 months of employment.
•Current ServSafe certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
•Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts or related field.
•Three years of professional culinary experience working in the capacity of Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
•Experience supervising and instructing employees.
•Experience teaching in higher education.
•American Culinary Federation (ACF) Certification.
•Current ServSafe instructor certification.
•Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills as they relate to specific position requirements.
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend