Job no: 492349
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: SLCC – Lafayette
Categories: Human Resources
Department: Administration & Finance
Sub department: Human Resources
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Administrative/Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily benefits administration for various employee benefit programs, such as group health, life, medical, dental, vision, accident and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSA’s), health savings accounts (HSA’s), and TRSL, ORP and LASERS retirement programs, etc.
• Audit, process, reconcile and track benefit-related invoices to ensure accuracy of
charges and prompt payment.
• Responsible for identifying and monitoring employees on the Office of Group Benefits (OGB) Monitoring Report and correct any discrepancies.
• Provide new employee orientations for benefit enrollments and ensure completion of appropriate new hire documentation including payroll documents. Process and maintain all status reports and pay changes and deduction changes.
• Provide exit interviews for separating employees.
• Responsible for sending out all group plan and retirement information to employees. Including coordinating on-site information sessions as needed.
• Coordinating open enrollment for the college.
• Responsible for organizing the annual benefits and health fair to increase awareness about benefits offered and provide opportunity to educate employees.
• Compliance and timely tracking for FMLA and COBRA.
• Compliance and tracking for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to ensure accurate 1095-C’s are processed each calendar year.
• Responsible for the monitoring of employees eligible for DROP.
• Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
• Update and maintain employee information in Banner.
• Responsible for entry of benefit deductions or additions in the college payroll system, retirement entries and updates, garnishments, court-ordered child support, federal and state tax levies, court ordered bankruptcy, and savings plans in Banner.
• Oversee and review deductions for employees in leave without pay status and establishes a tracking method for underpayments on a monthly basis. Corresponds and relays information to employees for recoupment. Follows up with employees to ensure collection of payment so there is no lapse in coverage.
• Ensures that premiums are calculated accurately and entered into the Banner system timely. This especially important for 9-month and 10-month contract employees who must have premiums adjusted during their contract year to cover the summer months.
• Check error reports from LCTCS Payroll for any errors relating to benefits.
• Answer benefit related questions and resolve issues with employees, benefit providers, administrators and the system payroll office.
• Coordinates with other agencies regarding transfer of benefits for new employees hired from other state agencies.
• Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing (time & attendance, pay, and deductions) and verification.
• Assist with providing guidance to faculty and staff on LoLA electronic web-time entry, leave requests, and approvals.
• Assist with processing personnel actions needed to complete appointments, merit increases, promotions, transfers and separations, etc.
• Assist the HR Analyst B in the set-up and review of both full time and adjunct faculty contracts.
• Research and correct any discrepancies or irregularities in pay actions, retirement, health/life insurance and general miscellaneous deductions in a timely manner.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of business services.
• Other duties as assigned.
Two years of HR related work experience.
Knowledge of payroll processing in higher education with experience in Banner.
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend