Student Work Study Employee - Nursing & Allied Health Skills Lab/Office Assistant
Job no: 492340
Work type: Student/Intern
Location: SLCC – Abbeville, SLCC – Crowley, SLCC – Franklin, SLCC – Lafayette, SLCC – Morgan City, SLCC – New Iberia, SLCC – Opelousas, SLCC – St. Martinville, SLCC – Ville Platte
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Nursing, Allied Health & Safety
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Student
Salary: $8.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: To assist Skills Laboratory Coordinator with simulation surveys and setting up for skills lab and simulations. Assist with updating manikins’ files from vendors on the computer. Tallying evaluation sheets.
• Assist with skills lab set up (setting out supplies and equipment) for skills demonstrations by the nursing instructors. Filing simulation evaluations in binders. Tallying simulation evaluations. Updating the e-files of the manikins in preparation for use. Getting supplies and putting away supplies.
General Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Providing outstanding service to students and other internal and external customers.
• Providing day-to-day administrative and office support for the assigned department.
• Communicating effectively with students and others as directed via telephone, email, and in face-to-face settings.
• Completing a diverse set of tasks designed to develop and strengthen knowledge and skills related to employment in a professional environment.
• Working independently within a team on special and ongoing projects.
• Demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
• Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
Federal Work Study Experience Learning Outcomes include the following:
• Gain knowledge of the personal characteristics and behavior necessary to serve as an employee in any work environment.
• Understand the processes involved in securing and retaining employment.
• Develop and possess customer service and other transferrable work skills which will allow them to be an asset to any future employer.
• Obtain knowledge of practical work tenets for success in a professional office environment including: professionalism, punctuality, proper attire, outstanding customer service, confidentiality, and workplace etiquette.
Required Experience: This is an entry level position designed to assist a student in developing and strengthening skills related to employment.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend