Adjunct Faculty: Phlebotomy/EKG
Job no: 492325
Work type: Faculty - Part Time
Location: SLCC – Abbeville, SLCC – Crowley, SLCC – Franklin, SLCC – Lafayette, SLCC – Morgan City, SLCC – New Iberia, SLCC – Opelousas, SLCC – St. Martinville, SLCC – Ville Platte
Categories: Workforce Development & Education
Department: Workforce & Economic Development
Sub department: Corporate College
Campus Location: All Campuses
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Duties and Responsibilities: • Provide instruction for Phlebotomy/ EKG Technician program.
• Provide students with information sheet listing expectations and requirements for successfully completing the course.
• Convene scheduled classes in accordance with college policy.
• Maintain confidentiality of student information.
• Exercise stewardship of college facilities and materials.
• Advise and mentor students.
• Present didactic concepts.
• Write test questions for didactic content presented.
• Supervise students in clinical rotations.
• Conduct clinical evaluations of students. Maintain and update clinical competencies.
• Communicate teaching philosophy to students.
• Articulate, accept, and uphold the mission and purpose of South Louisiana Community College Corporate College.
• Demonstrate a student-centered philosophy.
• Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline.
• Stay current in subject matter through professional development activities.
• Infuse diversity into curriculum.
• Infuse local, community, global, and environmental awareness into curriculum.
Facilitation of the Teaching Learning Process:
• Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning.
• Construct competency-based syllabi.
• Maintain up-to-date course content.
• Provide learning activities that meet course objectives.
• Meet learning needs of diverse student populations.
• Integrate available instructional technology when appropriate.
Evaluation of Student Learning:
• Adhere to College, State, and Federal established deadlines for submitting reports and records related to student learning and student outcomes.
• Maintain accurate records of student progress.
• Assess Student Learning: Utilize assessment techniques to monitor student progress and success as outlined in the division and college assessment plans.
• Operate and stay current on appropriate instructional technology equipment (over-heads, computers, Display Devices, Smart classroom equipment, etc.)
• Demonstrate computer literacy and Internet skills.
• Retrieve and manage information via technology.
• Demonstrate a willingness to provide online instruction.
• Communicate effectively using reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
• Work in team setting.
Required Education: •High School Diploma or GED
Required Experience: • Must have at least four years of field experience
• At least one-year formal Phlebotomy/ EKG teaching experience.
• Computer program knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required Licenses or Certifications: •Must possess a current, active phlebotomy certification or license and EKG certification or license or must hold a current, active Louisiana registered nurse license or be a licensed practical nurse
Preferred Education: •Bachelor Degree
Passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend