Coordinator, Global Opportunities
Title: Coordinator, Global Opportunities
Job no: 493683
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: The Coordinator of Global Opportunities & Education is a key strategic partner that strives to cultivate and grow the intercultural competency of the HACC community. The coordinator oversees a growing portfolio of global travel programs, and initiatives as well as the development and implementation of domestic offerings. Will create administrative systems to work within the campus structure. Will support a growing portfolio that involves administratively supporting, creating, and evaluating program initiatives learning goals, and metrics, connecting with institutional stakeholders (e.g. faculty, staff, and students) to develop new programmatic offerings that achieve successful outcomes that build culture of collaboration, inclusion, and belonging among all. Additionally, the coordinator will collaborate with external stakeholders to advance an ever-growing network in which global perspectives, intercultural skills, diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging are integrated into all aspects of the co-curricular experience.
A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience or a combination of experience and education are sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job successfully.
Licensing Requirements: Valid driver's license
Hiring Range: $43,019 - $53,774
Preferred Qualifications: x
Job Specific Task List:
- Design curricular, co-curricular, and programmatic opportunities (locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally) that shape students’ intercultural skills and capacity to be globally mindful leaders. - (Essential)
- Increase the visibility of the GO programs on campus by identifying opportunities and developing partnerships with units across campus. - (Essential)
- Guide and advise students through the pre-departure process including applications, course approvals, financial aid, form and document collection, pre-departure orientation, and re-entry process. - (Essential)
- Possess a willingness to engage in the occasional night and weekend work, overnight and/or international as well as domestic travel. - (Essential)
- Develops, leads organizes, and implements professional development, training, and team-building activities for student employees. - (Essential)
- Develops, implements, and monitors global opportunities and education budget as well as administrative processes, ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal restraints; implements and allocates resources; approves expenditures; tracks enrollment documents, travel itineraries, correspondence - (Essential)
- Establishes and maintains professional networks with related local, state, national, and international organizations and agencies; participates on committees and serves as liaison with other departments to provide information on available resources, programs, and/or services; attends professional conferences and training sessions. - (Essential)
- Research trends in study abroad, global opportunities, and international partnerships with community colleagues; analyze and summarize to develop a plan to integrate and actualize results. - (Essential)
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of programs and services, providing recommendations for improvement. - (Essential)
- Support HACC faculty-led travel Programs by working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to design a program that fits the academic and co-curricular goals of HACC faculty-led abroad programming. - (Essential)
- Manage Global Opportunities & Education Program Process which includes but is not limited to oversight of process from student advising in collaboration with internal stakeholders, creation of applications, and working with academic departments like the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Strategic Planning. - (Essential)
- Highlight success stories, and global and intercultural experiences through blogs, social media, or other forms of technology and outreach. - (Essential)
- Coordinate small and large-scale events/programs that embrace diversity, inclusion as well as belonging to elevate consciousness and critical examination of local and global issues. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend