Education Specialist - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Title: Education Specialist - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Job no: 493621
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Categories: Staff, Faculty
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: This position will provide instruction in English language skills, including, reading, writing, speaking and grammar. This position will develop course plan, goals and objectives for effective instruction and integrate contextual learning into daily instruction. Monitor student progress and assist with testing and program orientation and enrollment. Ensure student gains are met and recorded.
Responsible for instructional delivery of assigned educational program(s). Monitors the overall operations including development, implementation and evaluation of various assigned programs and makes revisions as required. Possesses the ability to teach program content. Ensures alignment of classes and programs with HACC’s Strategic Plan and compliance with Middle States standards.
Bachelor's degree, ESL teaching certification and 2+ years of ESL teaching experience
Licensing Requirements: Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
Valid driver's license.
Hiring Range: $48,182 - $60,227
Preferred Qualifications: Experience utilizing learning management systems and Zoom.
Strong presentation skills preferred.
Bi-lingual language skills preferred
Job Specific Task List:
- Instructs students in assigned area; selects, develops, and delivers curriculum, including lectures, discussions, labs, hands on assessments, quizzes, and exams to meet established guidelines. - (Essential)
- Prepares course and lab materials in assigned area (where applicable). a. Reviews and maintains course content, assuring compliance with HACC standards and policies. b. Monitors proper use and care of the equipment during training. c. Gathers student information at the beginning/end of class including: -OEF's -Student release forms -Permission for photography forms -Program specific information -Course/Instructor Evaluations - (Essential)
- Assists with coordinating department activities, such as: a. Maintaining records b. Communicating with staff c. Researching information d. Providing support to the Coordinator e. Staff meetings f. Special events g. Scheduling Classes - (Essential)
- Maintains equipment and supplies; organizes, orders materials, and arranges for repair of equipment as needed. - (Standard)
- Participates in continuing education and professional development courses as assigned. - (Standard)
- Serves on various committees and makes recommendations on college policies and procedures. - (Standard)
- Performs needs assessment for workforce clients: designs, delivers, evaluates and reports assessment results. - (Essential)
- Customizes curriculum for workforce clients. - (Essential)
- Responsible for transport of equipment and supplies for workforce offsite training. - (Standard)
- Provides support for the College Mission and Strategic Plan by:
- a. Serving on various non-credit committees
- b. Working with Industry Roundtables and Advisory Boards to align curriculum with community and industry needs.
- c. Continuing training to remain current with technology and industry needs. - (Standard)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend