This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing confidential employee and student data entry, preparing reports, preparing and proofing original correspondence, performing basic accounting functions for assigned area, and conducting moderately complex research. Provides oversight of the units activities providing direct support to the executive director of the unit. Oversees marketing requests for continuing education and corporate training. Assists in preparation of departmental newsletter. Schedules and prepares documents for department meetings and other department activities such as agendas, minutes and related material.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*or a combination of experience and education to be able to successfully perform the duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $33,105 - $41,981
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with Office 365
Experience with computer applications
Job Specific Task List:
1. Provides complex, specialized administrative support in preparing and processing confidential documents, preparing and publishing legally required notices, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, maintaining departmental data and/or other related documents in support of the Corporate and Business Services area in WFD. Maintains a variety of confidential files and records.
2. Assists with coordinating department activities such as tracking work orders, relaying communications, assisting with special events and providing related support.
3.Tracks confidential student information, researches moderately complex information, replies to student and customer inquiries.
4.Develops and prepares appropriate documents and forms to assist with maintenance requests, finance or auditing requests, marketing and duplicating requests, employee travel.
5. Manages and maintains the department's payroll and personnel files, such as verifying payroll time sheets and maintaining confidential personnel information.
6. Assists with financial reconciliations, tracking budget and department information, such as maintaining balances, researching discrepancies, and preparing related financial reports.
7. Provides administrative support, which includes: preparing and proofing reports, notices, and correspondence; overseeing and maintaining office filing system; pre-screening mail; monitoring phones; and/or performing other related duties.
8. Provides administrative support for course creation/cancellation, registration and billing.
9. Oversees inventory, instructional equipment repair, and supply orders; ensures necessary office supplies and text books are available.
10. May organize and maintain supervisor's calendar, including meetings, travel, and project time lines; makes arrangements for meetings and/or events, schedules meeting and classrooms as needed.
11. Assists in overseeing department programs by reviewing forms and documents for compliance with operational policies and procedures.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: fulltime, 12 month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.