Education Specialist, CDL
Title: Education Specialist, CDL
Job no: 493574
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $48,182 -$60,227
This position will remain open until filled.
Job Summary: Responsible for the instructional delivery of assigned educational program(s). Monitors the overall operations including development, implementation, and evaluation of various assigned programs and makes revisions as required. Possesses the ability to teach program content. Ensures alignment of classes and programs with HACC's Strategic Plan and compliance with Middle State Standards.
Associate's Degree and 5 years experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- CDL Class - A , 5 year clean driving record, current DOT Physical, valid PA DOT Third Party Tester certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $48,182 -$60,227
Preferred Qualifications: CDL instruction with adult learners preferred
Job Specific Task List:
- Prepare course and lab materials for training in assigned area. a) Review and maintain course content, assuring compliance with HACC standards and policy. b) Monitors proper use and care of the equipment during training. c) Gathers student information at the beginning / end of class including: - OEF's - Student release forms - Permission for photography forms - Program specific information - DOT physical Cards - Class Rules - Student Driver's License - Pre-Employment Drug Screening - Course / Instructor Evaluations - (Essential)
- Instructs students in assigned area; selects, develops, and delivers curriculum, including lectures, discussion, quizzes, and exams to meet established guidelines. a. Lectures b. Quizzes and tests/exams c. Discussions d. Lab (hands-on) e. Hands on assessments f. Administers Third Party Testing g. Site Supervisor for Third Party Testing - Quarterly examiner audits - Yearly PennDOT audits - Exam review and conveyance to PennDOT - (Essential)
- Prepares course and laboratory materials; ensures content of material is relevant, and monitors proper use and care of equipment during lab exercises. - (Essential)
- Assists with coordinating department activities, such as: a. Maintaining records b. Communication with staff c. Researching information d. Providing support to the Coordinator e. Staff meetings f. Problem solving g. Special events h. Scheduling Classes - (Essential)
- Coordinates and participates in counseling and advising sessions with students including job searches; may maintain regular office hours. - (Essential)
- Maintains equipment and supplies; organizes, orders materials, and arranges for repair of equipment as needed. a) Fuels all equipment or directs other instructors to do so - (Essential)
- Participates in continuing education and professional development courses as assigned. - (Essential)
- Serves on various committees and makes recommendations on college policies and procedures. - (Essential)
- Performs needs assessment workforce clients: Designs, delivers, evaluates and reports assessment results. - (Essential)
- Customizes curriculum for workforce clients. - (Essential)
- Responsible for transport of equipment and supplies for workforce offsite training. - (Essential)
- Provides support for the College Mission and Strategic Plan by: a. Serving on various non-credit committees b. Work with Industry Roundtables and Advisory Boards to align curriculum with community and industry needs. c. Continue training to remain current with technology and industry needs. - (Essential)
- College-related travel is required, as necessary. - (Essential)
- Reviews curricula to ensure compliance with industry standards and/or accrediting bodies and makes necessary revisions. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend