Supervisor, Tutoring Services
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
The Mentor Tutor provides tutorial instruction for students in qualified subjects, enhancing student understanding of assignments and assisting with general study skills and strategies. Mentor Tutors have a critical impact on students during their first semester by helping students adjust to college-level academia and assisting them with CWI 101 content.
This position also provides general customer service at the Tutoring front desk and basic tutoring support. The Mentor Tutor performs a variety of routine clerical duties, responds to and resolves common inquiries and problems, and completes special projects.
Opportunities for growth based on level of experience.
- Tutors $13-$14 per hour
- Lead Tutor $15 per hour
• Provides educational assistance to students in qualified subjects. Uses principles of peer mentoring to assist students in various aspects of the college experience, including study skills, assisting with technology, referring students to campus-wide resources, and more.
• Collaborates with CWI 101 faculty to provide embedded mentor tutoring support in specific, designated courses.
• Meets and communicates with students in person and via e-mail, Blackboard, and other online platforms.
• Contributes to the preparation of workshops and materials that will enhance student understanding of coursework.
• Assists in general office management.
• Provides customer service and directional assistance at Tutoring service desks, by phone, and online via chat.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Good organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
• Proficient in computer usage and word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
• Has completed a basic tutoring course (e.g. Tutor Essentials) or will complete one within one semester of hire.
• Is a team player within the department as well as with other departments.
• Communicates effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
• Has passed a first-year experience course with at least a B.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.