Supervisor, Tutoring Services
Posted Pay Range:
$12.50 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
Responsible for providing tutorial instruction for students, enhancing the understanding and quality level of departmental assignments, and assisting with study skills and strategies. Tutor 2s provide focused tutoring in general and advanced subjects for students in relevant courses through embedded activities, appointments, email consultations, and/or study groups. Tutor 2s complete various special projects as needed according to guidance provided by the Tutoring Leadership Team. Tutor 2s additionally serve as Tutoring Lab hosts, greeting students as they enter the lab and directing them to needed resources.
• Provides general and advanced educational assistance to students for designated subjects and classes.
• Provides specialized student support in a specific tutoring area, such as embedded tutoring, email consultations, resource development, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of workshops and materials to enhance student performance on course assignments and exams.
• Meets and communicates with students in person and via e-mail and Blackboard.
• Participates in scheduled tutor training sessions.
• Performs other tutoring duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• One or more semesters tutoring in an academic environment.
• Completion of courses in tutoring subject with a “B” or better or demonstrated equivalent experience; fifteen (15) earned college credits, preferred.
• Completion of a basic tutoring course (e.g. Tutor Essentials), or willingness to complete within one semester of hire.
• Proficient in computer usage and ability to use word processing.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Team player within the department as well as with other departments.
• Communicate effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural community environment.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.