Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Expression of Interest
- Esperance, WA - Other Locations
- Trade & Services
About the role:
Working as part of the Rollingstock Maintenance team, you will be required to exercise your mechanical trade skills in servicing, repairing and maintaining rollingstock in order to ensure the efficient running of freight services.
- To conduct routine corrective maintenance and fault repair
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset
condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and
practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Mechanical Trade Certificate or formal equivalent
- Substantial level of skill in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of locomotives or heavy industrial plant
- High level of knowledge of functions, defects and fault finding with equipment
- Adequate level of skill in interpreting technical instructions and drawings
- Strong commitment to safety
- Current unrestricted WA drivers licence
Locomotive and wagon experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
Successful candidates will be subject to safety critical testing and a category one rail medical during the recruitment process.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend