Expression of Interest – Indigenous and Female Employment Opportunities
- Opportunities for Female and Indigenous Australian candidates
- Offices/Depots located in QLD, WA, NSW, VIC and SA
- Join our talent database - our first engagement point for recruitment
- Attractive remuneration
At Aurizon, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results. As part of our goal to strengthen workforce diversity we are actively seeking expressions of interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female applicants to enable us to build a strong talent database of diverse candidates.
At Aurizon we recognise the need to support our people so we offer a range of diversity initiatives and benefits which include:
- Flexible working arrangements (business requirements permitting)
- International Women's Day celebrations
- NAIDOC Week celebrations
- Reconciliation Action Plan which outlines our vision to provide sustainable employment opportunities as well as recognition of the rights and needs of indigenous communities
- Cultural awareness training
- Structured mentoring programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female employees
- 14 weeks' parental leave and additional super booster contributions for eligible employees
- Programs to support people returning from parental leave including Help at Home financial assistance package which includes career coaching and domestic cleaning costs and Shared Care Initiative.
- LGBTIQ and Ally Network with a goal of providing support and education, raising awareness and generally improving Aurizon's status as an employer for people of various sexualities, sexes and genders.
Our everyday business is built on moving a nation. Our core business products include Network, Coal, Iron Ore and Freight. We offer innovative rail infrastructure solutions and specialist services in rail design, engineering, construction, management and maintenance, and offer large-scale supply chain solutions to a diverse range of customers. We move a comprehensive range of commodities including mining, agricultural, industrial and retail products for our customers.
Our 6,500 employees across QLD, WA, NSW, VIC and SA agree that with a broad national footprint the employment opportunities we offer are both diverse and expansive with roles in operational and corporate areas across our exciting business.
We have a variety of career opportunities listed below:
- Administration and Support Services
- Commercial, Marketing and Business Development
- Customer Service
- Finance and Accounting
- Graduate Programs
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Human Resources and Organisational Capability
- Information and Communications Technology
- Intermodal (Truck Driver, Reach Stacker Operator and Forklift Driver)
- Legal Professionals
- Locomotive Drivers – Experienced and Trainee
- Marketing and Communications
- Production Coordinators, Planners and Schedulers
- Project Management
- Property and Facilities
- Rollingstock and Track Maintenance
- Supervisors and Management (Operations and Corporate).
- Technical and Trades
- Training and Development
In our continued focus on supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and women within our local and global communities Aurizon has partnered with organisations that reflect our values and drive for equal opportunity such as:
- Clontarf Foundation
- UN Women
- Enhanced partnerships with local Indigenous community groups and schools
- Arthur Beetson Murri Carnival
We are proud of the recognition for our diversity journey. Aurizon are the winners of:
- 2015 – Australia Human Resources Institute (AHRI) Dame Quentin Bryce AD CVO Award for Gender Equity in the Workplace
- 2015 – Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI)) LGBTI Workplace Inclusion Bronze Award
- 2014 – Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) Gender Equity in the Workplace
- 2014 – Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) CEO Diversity Champion Award
- 2014 – Australasian Rail Industry Award Workplace Diversity
To find out more about Aurizon, our diversity journey and employment opportunities please visit our website aurizon.com.au/careers
Safety: Safety of ourselves and others is our number one priority. Safety is at the core of everything we do as we commit to ZEROHARM.
People: Diversity strengthens our capability. Our energy, courage and passion motivate us to create extraordinary outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest, fair and conduct business with the highest ethical standards. We are respectful in all of our dealings.
Customer: Customers are at the heart of our business. We consistently deliver what we promise.
Excellence: We create value through collaboration, and innovation. Our hallmarks are clear accountability, continuous improvement.